Posts tagged trimming fat
Who says girls can’t compete!!!
I’ve heard all the excuses about why someone is stuck at their current weight… why you can’t afford the time and commitment to lose weight… how it’s impossible for girls to keep up with the guys when it comes to weight loss…
If anyone had an excuse or disadvantage it was Millie! Not only did she start our New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge as an underdog (girl with less than 40lbs to lose), but she had 2 surgeries throughout the course of our challenge – one was a result of a soccer injury which kept her out of the gym the last two weeks!
I’ll let you be the judge of her success -
Millie rocked through this weight loss challenge with determination and hard work! Her Project Me included nutrition, a personalized workout program and 2 RightFitt classes per week. Despite the challenges she stuck to the program and did as much of her fitness as she could. How did she end up?
SHE LOST 34 LBs & 30.5 INCHES IN 12 WEEKS!!!
“I am the healthiest and most fit I’ve been in years. Herbalife has impacted my nutrition and working out with Caley has given me inches off my waist, arms and legs!”
April 5th to June 5th
This challenge is virtual and can be completed on your own, but I encourage each person to find one ‘teammate’ to complete the challenge with! You and your partner will keep one another motivated and in check!
Step ONE – Declaration (Today)
Pick a buddy and declare your participation. Cut and paste the following on your facebook page (but obviously change the words BLANK to something better):
I am going to BLANK RightFitt’s Bikini Bod Challenge with BLANK! Find out more on http://rightfitt.net/theres-more/challenges/bikini-bod/
ex: I am going to rock RightFitt’s Bikini Bod Challenge with Anne! Find out more on http://rightfitt.net/theres-more/challenges/bikini-bod/
Step TWO – Suit Up (Tomorrow)
Get the swim suit you want to sport this summer. Yes – go out and spend the $$$ on it (additional motivation). Then get with your ‘partner in crime’ and take pics. Do it Project Megan style and take front, side and back of one another. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. If you aren’t willing to do this, drop out now b/c you’re not motivated enough. You don’t have to show a person, but you will want the pics later if you keep with it.
Step THREE – Trimming the Fat (April 5th – May 5th)
We are going to trim down the first 30 days by influencing our calorie deficit through hard core cardio and nutrition. If you have participated in one of my challenges, you know that I set the bar SUPER high. You have to figure out where you fit into this challenge by adjusting it for yourself. DO NOT GIVE UP, because you can’t reach the assignment. Instead, ADJUST THE ASSIGNMENT AS YOU NEED.
- 3 miles a day for 30 days OR
- Alternative : 45 minutes straight in your heart rate zone of 70% + for 30 days
For some of you this may already by something you do. For others of us this sounds like it’s impossible. As I said, tailor it to your needs. The miles are meant to be jogged or ran; maybe you have to walk them etc. If you can’t run, maybe you get in your heart rate zone for 45 minutes each day.
- Stick to your weight loss calorie amount each day. If you don’t know your metabolic rate, contact me. Most women are between 1200 and 1500. Guys vary 1500 to 1800 generally.
- Most of my clients KNOW what they should be eating…it’s whether or not we stick with it. This is a 2 shakes a day sort of month; even if your goal isn’t to change your weight only body comp, go for the lower calorie limit during this time.
- You get 1 point for EVERY mile (3pts if you are going for the straight cardio). YES, you can do more or less; this is a tracking system.
- You get 3 points for EACH day you eat properly. If you don’t know what this means, we need to meet up. As I said, many of you KNOW what to eat, you just don’t. (similar to me 1/2 the time!!!) If this is your first time trying to figure it out, use www.iChange.com. Find me as a coach and I can watch what you are eating and help you out.
- Each day I will post on FB to see what you completed the day before. IF you are participating, report back to https://www.facebook.com/caleycarroll#!/RightFitt and respond to my daily post with your pts earned. This tool will help us motivate and support one another. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. Keep track of the entire month as you go too so that we have a final number in the end.
Step FOUR – Sculpting the body (To Be Announced)
www.rightfitt.net for information on losing weight in Denver Metro.
www.facebook.com/rightfitt for tools to get in shape in Denver Metro.
https://twitter.com/#!/RightFitt for fun tips to tone up in Denver Metro